Potatoes are wonderful, but sometimes you just want to shake things up a bit – I get it. These avocado fries are wonderful and super creamy. This recipe is perfect for all of you (including me) that struggle with the endless cycle of having to use up all of your avocados on one day to avoid eating spoiled ones the next day. Plus, it’s a simple recipe that allows you to add whatever flavor you want!
Total Time: 15m
- 2 large or 4 small avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour (for GF try garbanzo flour)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, GF if desired (Or make your own by processing toasted bread in a food
- For a larger batch, feel free to double the recipe! Preheat oven to 420 F. Grease a baking sheet, and
- Combine the garlic, salt, and flour in a shallow dish. Add the milk to a separate shallow dish.
- Coat each avocado slice in flour, then dip in the milk.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each slice, pressing down lightly until the crumbs stick. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until golden. Store leftovers in the fridge 2-3 days.
Recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie.com